Thursday, December 11, 2008

NPR layoffs

NPR is laying off some of my favorite reporters due to cuts in operating budgets as corporate underwriters are drop funding:
Some of those losing their jobs are veteran NPR voices, such as Ketzel Levine, an NPR reporter since 1977, and Vicky O'Hara, an editor and former diplomatic correspondent with 26 years on the job. Others include "News & Notes" host Farai Chideya, "Day to Day" host Madeleine Brand, Washington reporter Libby Lewis, entertainment-industry correspondent Kim Masters and national reporter John McChesney. About half the 64 people cut are journalists.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so incredibly sad to read the list of familiar voices who are going. I will really miss Madeleine Brand in the mornings on Day To Day (does this mean the show itself is in peril?) and Vicky O'Hara and Kim Masters and all the rest. I just hope they don't drop Rome correspondent Silvia Poggioli...just hearing her voice always makes me feel that I am standing in St Peter's Square.