Sunday, August 15, 2010

Cortachy Highland Games & Dog Show

One of my favorite events when visiting my brother in Scotland is the Cortachy Highland Games, held each August at Cortachy Castle near Kirriemuir.  Of course, we loved the Pipers...


 ...and the Highland dancers...


But the highlight was the dog show.


We had a couple of competitors...



And we faced stiff competition...


But there were plenty of classes for everyone...


Everyone seemed awfully professional...


But the girls soldiered on bravely...




...despite a furious wheelbarrow race going on in the adjoining ring...


...Rosie took Tiny through his paces...


...but he wasn't awfully keen on the inspection by the judge...

However, in the "Judge's Favorite Dog" class, Rosie (the dog) led by handler Daisy, was victorious.  A terrific triumph for the Rottal team.

3 comments:

Tania Kindersley said...

Rosie the dog WINS. Am quite beside myself with delight. I am starting a new grooming regime now so I can enter my ladies next year. I feel veteran and prettiest bitch are our top priorities.

The loveliness of Glen Clova lives vividly in my mind. Hope you get a bit more delightful Scottish sunshine before you go home.

xx

Anonymous said...

I feel wretched that I missed you.Did you agree that the cable tossing wooden spoon should have won?
x

Miss Whistle said...

Tania, I look forward to seeing both your lovely ladies in the running next year. I feel sure they'll sweep the prizes.

GL - I concur. The cable tossing wooden spoon was a stroke of genius.

Love,

Miss W x