Monday, August 02, 2010

Moutmarka, Monday morning


I realize that other people's photographs of landscape can be intrinsically boring because you're not tied up emotionally with the place.  So please feel free to skip this post if that's the case. I'm gone, and completely unable to view these pictures objectively.  Moutmarka inspires great emotion in me.  I walk there and ooh and aah and embarrass my children. I stay too long, want to take too many pictures, want to count the flowers, write a sonnet.  It's on the other side of this island and it's deserted.  In the morning, after days of rain, it can quite literally take your breath away.

3 comments:

LPC said...

It's the horizon, and the way it's part of the landscape.

Mrs L. said...

It is truly stunning. And my jealousy is quelled by knowing you're having such a wonderful trip! xo

Poppy Gets a Life said...

I get the same way when I visit Dartmoor, in the south west corner of England.

My father grew up in the region and my Aunty still lives close by, in Exeter. We live in Australia now, so travelling back evokes some kind of primeval reaction in me, like we are truly returning to the motherland.

We hike over the moors and I feel like a character out of Tess of the D'Ubervilles.

Poppy xox