Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thank you, Grasshopper



Twice in three days a grasshopper has landed near me, and stayed. Once while having dinner with some girlfriends he appeared on the back of my chair and didn't want to leave, and tonight he's sitting in the mouth of my water bottle on my bedside table.  Apparently "A grasshopper's appearance indicates a time in which we will experience great leaps of happiness. It teaches us to trust our inner voice and to act upon it."  It is the Chinese symbol of good luck and abundance.

This might be the time to express my enormous gratitude for all the good wishes.  I am deeply appreciative.

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I think of you every day, but haven't been able to find the right words.

Your cheery and persistent grashopper is a wonderful harbinger of the happiness that will surely come to you. It's axiomatic: You give so joyously and generously to others, happiness must and will come bounding back to you. Soon, please. Xo.