Tuesday, August 20, 2013
Clive's Onion Marmalade Crack
Serve with crostini as part of an antipasti course. Warning: this is addictive.
- Slice some onions, in this case it was 4
- Heat some olive oil in a pan
- Sautee on high, gradually turning the heat down so you don't burn them, until they are light brown and jammy.
- Season with salt and pepper (preferably freshly ground and not some granules that have been sitting in your pantry for months)
- Pour in enough orange juice to cover the onions and bring to the boil
- Turn the heat down and reduce until thick and sticky
- Take off the heat and add some finely grated orange peel
- Let cool and serve