Monday, February 07, 2011

Monday morning










It would be downright mean of me not to share the budding branches from Hansen Dam this morning, on the latest edition of the Start The Week Right hike. We saw wild dogs and blue skies and willow with catkins and visions of golden streamers and whales and the dark, dark sea. It has been 21 days since my last glass of wine and I feel mighty fine, Clementine.

An addendum from my friend AFW:


"Four seasons square the rounded year, all in nature's glass appear. With leaf green eyes and lips half curled, Spring lends a white lamb throughout the world. Butter the hedgerows with cream fat rises, gorged on his garlands the Summer doses. Ancestral Autumn with hands of brass shakes the last apple on the grass. The wintry crow creaks home to hide and frost locks up the countryside."
-- Laurie Lee

May your week be full of fizz and enough blue sky to fashion a pair of trousers*.

Love,

Miss W

*In Norway, so my grandmother taught me, if you can see enough blue sky to make a pair of trousers, it's going to be fine.

1 comment:

Wally B said...

I might be able to make a pair of shorts, blue ones.
Great piccies