Thursday, February 16, 2017

dusk

The days are indeed getting longer. In the month since I've been here - and today marks a month - I've been walking the dogs at dusk, later and later. Tonight it was mild. Only two layers. And the sunset was blood orange and beetroot. It reminds me of walking with my father, always as it was getting dark, never with a torch, listening to the owls and the pigeons fluttering about in the leafless branches. I get a euphoria I don't feel at any other time. It's you alone in the world but the world is in you, is everything, there's nothing lonely. It's all as it's meant to be, perfect and harmonious and connected and peaceful.


3 comments:

Utter Gull said...

Beautifully put...

tedsmum said...

beautiful...

Terry said...



Funny, it was "blood orange and beet root" here in Madison, Wisconsin, last night as well.
Spectacular sunset must be an omen for good things to come.
Thank you for sharing this new adventure, your delightful and inspiring observations and wonderful literary
references. I wish you every happiness in your new life!!

Warmly,
Terry Henning