Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Cook's Library, Los Angeles

My heart is filled with gratitude for the Cook's Library in Los Angeles -- a little shop on Third Street chocablocked with every culinary and alimentary tome ever written, including Ottolenghi
even though it is not yet published in the US. While I was there, I picked up copies of Trevor Corson's The Secret Life of Lobsters & The Story of Sushi. Nice people work there too (for a change).

While lunching with Miss Haphazard (always a pleasure) it dawned on us that now that both the Rizzoli's and the Dutton's have been closed, Beverly Hills has the distinction of not having one bookstore within it's city limits. Dear Reader, let me know if I'm wrong here, but would you choose to live in a city without a bookstore? (Taschen doesn't count).

No comments: