- An intervew with Per Petterson, author of Out Stealing Horses, in the Guardian.
- Another fantastic Ottolenghi recipe -- vegan quinoa & dried limes.
- "Holly came from Miami, FLA" and other people who inspired pop songs.
- Jasmine Guinness discusses her roots in the Guardian.
- A tribute to James LeBon.
- Karl Lagerfeld proves he's finally lost his marbles.
- Ricky Gervais tells fat people to go for an f-ing run.
- Photographs from Close: A Journey in Scotland (large country houses, beautiful gardens).
- A very good interview with Salman Rushdie in the Times.
- In search of eternal sunshine: How to be an Optimist.
- Why today is the right time to get on yer bike.
Saturday, January 03, 2009
The Insomniac's Guide to the British Broadsheets
Wherein I read the newspapers so that you don't have to (thank my miserable sore throat for today's edition):