Thursday, February 26, 2009

John Sr. - an update

My friend Wendy, with whom I attend a writer's group each Wednesday night, Wendy who makes me cry when she reads what she writes because it is so beautiful (I am trying to coerce her into letting me post her piece on bees drunk on lime blossom here but truthfully, she should just write a book of short stories); Wendy pointed out to me (dubious sentence construction lies in my wake) that I haven't mentioned J's father lately. She's right and I apologize for that. The news is very good. John is home at the beach and very happy to be there. He's walking a little more each day with a walker (he calls it a stroller) and has the ocean air to breathe into his lungs. Sandy is taking care of him and he goes three or four times a week for outpatient physio at Cedar's. It is not far from miraculous that he has made it home, considering the appalling state he was in only a month ago. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Fred and Ginger, the cats, are thrilled to have him home, and tell him so a dozen times a day. If you want to send him messages, you can reply to this post. Sandy will see it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear your father-in-law is doing so much better; also, those dogs sure looked happy on their walk.