Thursday, June 25, 2009

Dear Farrah

I was genuinely saddened to hear the news this morning, via voicemail from my friend C, that Farrah Fawcett has died. I worked with her briefly, for maybe two years, as her press agent and she was lovely, kind, beautiful and dear. She loved her family, she was a good daughter and she cared deeply about her son. She was an amazingly talented artist too -- something that people don't remember because they only remember the Playboy/paint studio debacle -- and cared about small things as well as large. She was generous and gentle and yes, her hair really was that great. Always. Her legacy is huge. So many lives have been brightened just by her presence. She will be missed enormously.

** Update: My friend A was Farrah's publicist from the 80s through the 90s, and her friend till the end. She just posted this on FB and it's so much better than what I can say:

I have known Farrah since the 80's and she was always a strong woman with a great sense of humor and gracious nature that was in full force as she took on her battle with cancer. She will be missed by millions for her smile, that poster and such but I will miss my beautiful friend with that raucous laugh who showed a unique sensitivity and kindness to all those around her. May she have peace and sunlight forever.

No comments: