Wednesday, September 09, 2009

O. My. God. RZ!

I try not to be alarmed by my daughter's enthusiastic response to The Rachel Zoe Project, Rachel Zoe's dreadful reality show. After all, I can't imagine my mother can have been particularly thrilled by my undying love for Sid Vicious.

I turned on Bravo last night to and was pretty much gobsmacked by the inanity of the whole thing. My daughter said, "O my gosh, I would love to be an intern for her," her voice giddy with hope. "Least said, soonest mended," I thought, channeling my friend Emma's mother.



Rachel Zoe, for those who've been living under a rock for the last couple of years, is an American fashion stylist best known for her relationship with young Hollywood tabloids, such as Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, Paris Hilton & Nicole Richie,etc. She is pretty and stylish and of course beautifully put together, and speaks like Moon Unit Zappa circa 1983. Its not just that the timbre of her voice is so grating to me but her complete lack of charm or humour.

Lynn Hirschberg profiled her for the NY Times Magazine here.

UPDATE: Sunday, September 13 3:53 pst: You absolutely must read Tania Kindersley's Rachel Zoe post here. (I set them up and she lobs them elegantly across the court!)

2 comments:

So Lovely said...

I just can't get concerned for her when "Annie Hathaway's dress" hasn't arrived in time. Bravo do try with the dramatic music but that still doesn't help. WHO CARES!

Mrs L. said...

I described the show to Child One the other day as "the worst show on television that I can't stop watching!" Its insane!!!