Sunday, February 02, 2014

i'm just...happy

Because today was a bit crap, because I don't like football, and my heart was heavy over the death of Philip Seymour Hoffman, because I have a cold and I'm missing England, and I'm the biggest copycat on the planet, I watched "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" because my friend had watched it and I remembered how much I loved it. This time, even more. The Guardian rates it as its Number Eight Most Romantic Movie of All Time.



"I could die right now, Clem. I'm just... happy. I've never felt that before. I'm just exactly where I want to be"
 -- Joel in "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind," written by Charlie Kaufman and directed by Michel Gondry.

“How happy is the blameless vestal’s lot!
The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
Each pray’r accepted, and each wish resign’d”

-- Alexander Pope, Eloisa to Abelard



1 comment:

LPC said...

Even though you are articulate and poignant in sorrow, I'm happy to think about you feeling happy:).