Monday, February 23, 2009

O, Oscar

A couple of things about the Oscars:
  • I was very glad to hear both Penelope Cruz and Kate Winslet thank the late Robert Garlock. We all miss him enormously and he deserves much credit for their successes. It's so refreshing to hear a publicist being thanked, to boot. Erica & I watched the show together and both of us teared up when his name was mentioned.
  • Hugh Jackman was fantastic, old-fashioned and charming and funny. Nikki Finke actually made me laugh, she hated the show so vehemently. She is the queen of snark.
  • Ryan Seacrest appears to have lost his heart & soul (his "interview" with the little children from 'Slumdog Millionaire' was utterly appalling; he didn't even try to pronounce their names and didn't realize that the littlest ones couldn't speak English). He does a very good, workmanlike job but where's the love?
  • Jai Ho! I'm determined to learn that Bollywood dance so that I can embarrass my children. Care to join?

No comments: