Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My super-duper Peace & Love playlist

I made this playlist on 9/11 for a belated birthday dinner.  The truth is, and hokey as it sounds, I never stopped believing James Taylor when he told us to shower the people. For this, I'm not apologetic.



Mykonos -- Fleet Foxes
You R Loved -- Victoria Williams
Harvest for the World -- The Isley Brothers
Simplest Love -- Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros
Do You Realize? -- The Flaming Lips
Sonnet -- The Verve
Atoms for Peace -- Thom Yorke
One Love/People Get Ready -- Bob Marley
You've Got the Love I Need -- Al Green
Stop Your Sobbing -- The Pretenders
Sowing the Seeds of Love -- Tears for Fears
Peace, Perfect Peace -- Toots & The Maytals
Clocks -- Coldplay
In the Aeroplane Over the Sea -- Neutral Milk Hotel
Redemption Song -- Bob Marley
Starman -- Seu Jorge
Shower the People -- James Taylor
America -- Simon & Garfunkel
Don't Dream It's Over -- Crowded House
Satellite of Love -- Lou Reed
Brilliant Mistake -- Elvis Costello
Jolene -- Dolly Parton
Aicha (Mixed Version) -- Khaled
If You Want to Sing Out, Sing Out -- Cat Stevens
Let My Love Open the Door -- Sondre Lerche
(Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher -- Jackie Wilson
Must I Paint You a Picture? -- Billy Bragg
Now That We Found Love -- Third World
Crazy Love -- Van Morrison
Heaven/Where True Love Goes -- Yusuf Islam
(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love & Understanding -- Elvis Costello
Case of You -- Joni Mitchell
Like a Prayer -- Madonna
Hallelujah (Extended Mix) -- Jocelyn Pook
Lovely Day -- Bill Withers
Everyday People (Single Version) -- Sly & The Family Stone
Coming Up Easy -- Paolo Nutini
At Last -- Etta James

I've also turned this into an iMix, which I'll post a link to as soon as it processes.

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Neutral Milk Hotel! Cat Stevens and Joni and Billy Bragg! I needed at least two !! (which I never use!) to describe my feelings about your playlist. It's a beautiful thing. xo

Miss Whistle said...

Thank you Miss M. I know it's full of old chestnuts but I can't help loving them; they cheer me up. Also, Neutral Milk Hotel makes me cry, but in a good way. Music is the key to life. Truly.

Love,

Miss W

Lucy Lean said...

Thanks Miss W - great list of old chestnuts to make us cry in a good way x