Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Cold Avocado + Cucumber Soup

As the thermometer inches up around the one hundred degree zone (yikes), we're doing everything we can in Los Angeles to beat the heat. Cold showers, dipping in pools, hydrating. I had a cold soup last night that was so refreshing, so clean, so utterly transporting (I wish I were kidding) I'm sharing it here. Make a jug of it. Keep it in the fridge. Sip as required.



Cold Avocado + Cucumber Soup
from Gwyneth Paltrow's "It's All Good"

Serves 4

Zest and juice of 3 limes
2 large cucumbers, peeled, de-seeded, roughly chopped
2 avocados, peeled and roughly chopped
1 teaspoon sea salt

Combine everything in a powerful blender and blitz until it's totally creamy and smooth.

2 comments:

Katherine C. James said...

Oh my. The three limes, added to cucumber and avocado, make this sound heavenly; a mix of three of my favorite things. I'll make this tomorrow.

Heather Robinson said...

Heat or no heat, this sounds amazing. That said, sending cooling thoughts your way.